FITTING MB ALLOY THREAD INSERTS
These are great to repair a casing without adding a steel insert. The Alloy can be fitted and it keeps the casing more – original if you can with a repair.
These are the same as fitting steel inserts.
- Drill the hole out to the correct size and depth
- Tap the hole to the correct size and depth
- Clean out the threads
- Add some some loctite
- Screw the insert onto a screw with a nut
- Add some loctite to the insert and screw it in place
- Use the screw and nut to lock the insert in place
- File or grind flat to the casing
- Leave to dry
Any questions ask firstname.lastname@example.org